There are many reasons that you might want to convert your shower to a tub. You may
want to make the change because you need a tub to help rehab or manage an
injury. You could want to install a tub because you are redecorating your
bathroom and your ideal bathroom would include a bathtub. You could simply want
to convert your shower to a tub because you enjoy taking baths more than
showers. Whatever the reason, you should know going in that converting your
shower to a tub can be a difficult process, especially if you are not properly
prepared for it.
Benefits of Converting Your Shower to a Tub
Converting your shower to a tub can be very beneficial to
you and your family, including:
- Rehabilitation – There are just certain things you can do in a bathtub that you can’t do in a shower. For example, if you want to sit in an ice bath to treat an injury, you can’t do that if you don’t have a bathtub. This also is true for soaking in an Epsom salt bath to treat aches, pains, and injuries.
- Relaxation – Sometimes it’s just nice to come home and take a bath. You can listen to music, read a book, or meditate. It’s relaxing and soothing in a way that taking a shower could never be.
- Skincare – If you have a sunburn, Eczema, dry skin, irritated skin, or some other skin condition, there are ways to treat these conditions in a bathtub. In some cases, adding honey, oatmeal, and/or whole milk to a bath can be an excellent natural way to treat certain skin conditions and injuries. Also, taking a bath without adding anything to it can often help to lower cortisol levels, which can help with reducing acne or slowing down premature aging.
- Safety – Standing on a slippery shower floor is a recipe for disaster. One wrong move and you could slip and fall, which could leave you seriously injured or worse. In addition, depending on how your shower is set up, it could be awkward for you to step into and out of your shower, which could lead to you getting hurt due to strain or suffering a slip-and-fall injury.
Tips for Converting Your Shower to a Tub
If you are properly prepared, converting your shower to a
tub does not have to be a difficult process. Here are a couple of tips that
will help you navigate the process of converting your shower into a bathtub
- Research – It’s important that you both know what is available and what you want. You don’t want to just blindly hire an individual or business to remodel your bathroom. It will not end well. You need to know what materials you want to be used, what style of bathtub you want, what features you’d like the tub to have, how much this type of work will cost, how long the work will take, whether what you want is realistic for the size of your bathroom. To do this, do some research on the web, ask friends for recommendations, and check websites like Angie’s List, Better Homes and Gardens, and the Better Business Bureau.
- Estimates – Visit the websites of and/or call businesses you are thinking about hiring. See if they provide free estimates. Ask questions about cost and how long the work will take. Look into their reputation. Are they reliable and trustworthy? Are they experienced? Are they capable of delivering the results you want?
For More Information About Converting Your Shower to a Tub, Call or Visit USA
As an exclusive Bath Planet dealer, USA Bath
provides customers with the highest quality service for an affordable price.
USA Bath has multiple locations in California and Nevada, which enable us to
serve several communities, including Sacramento, Reno, and Lake Tahoe. The
services USA Bath provides include bath and shower system remodeling, full bathroom remodeling,
and installation of accessibility products. Call us at 877-422-9550 for a free
consultation. To learn more about USA Bath and the services we provide, follow us on Facebook.