Whether you’re renovating your home or just your bathroom, home improvement projects are nothing to take lightly. This is work that will impact you and your family’s life in a big way both while it’s being done and after the project is complete. A common project that can take a toll on you and your family if you’re not properly prepared to tackle it is replacing a bathtub. While on the surface replacing a bathtub may not sound too complicated, there are several things you should consider before beginning a tub replacement project.
Why You Should Replace Your Tub
Depending on your situation, there is any number of reasons why you should replace your tub, including:
- Wear and tear or Damage – Like anything else, bathtubs, depending on what they’re made of and how often they’re used, can simply wear down over time. Also, bathtubs can sometimes sustain damage from water leaks or other unexpected incidents.
- Safety – You may need to replace your tub because it is unsafe. For example, if you sustain an injury or have a disability, you may not be able to navigate entering and exiting the tub safely without safety modifications such as handles or a conversion into a walk-in tub.
- Style – In some cases, especially if you remodel your bathroom, you may want to replace a tub just because it does not fit the look you are trying to create. Maybe you have a freestanding bathtub and you would rather have a corner or alcove bathtub instead. It could even be the color of the tub that does not match your bathroom’s remodeled look.
- Resell value – If you are selling your home or anticipate selling in the future, you may want to make additions or changes to your home that will raise its resale value. This can include remodeling your bathrooms to enhance their chances to impress potential homebuyers. Maybe you have a walk-in bathtub, but freestanding tubs are more popular among homebuyers so you may replace your walk-in tub with a freestanding tub as a result.
- Therapy – You may need to replace your bathtub with a bathtub with jacuzzi jets to help you with treating an injury or disability.
- Functionality – You could need to replace your bathtub because it’s not functional for your situation. For instance, you may want more space in your bathroom and the best way to make more space is to replace your bathtub with a smaller bathtub or a bathtub that can be positioned differently to take advantage of your bathroom’s space more efficiently, like a corner tub.
What to Consider When Replacing Your Tub
There are a few options for you to consider if you decide to replace your tub. First, what type of tub replacement are you considering? In addition to removing your old bathtub and replacing it with a new one, a couple of other tub replacement options:
- Tub Liners – This type of bathtub replacement involves measurements and pictures of your old bathtub being taken. The measurements and pictures are sent to a tub company so that an acrylic mold of your old tub is made. Once the mold is created, it is installed by attaching it to your old tub.
- Tub Refinishing – This option involves removing the bathtub’s original finish with hydrofluoric acid and coating it with a new polyurethane finish.
If You’re Thinking About Replacing Your Tub, Visit USA Bath or Give Us a Call Today
At USA Bath, the customer comes first. We are proud to be a part of Northern California and Nevada communities, including Reno, Sacramento, and Lake Tahoe. We are a Bath Planet dealer, which means we provide high-quality service for a price you can afford. The services USA Bath provides include installation and remodeling of shower systems, bath systems, full bathrooms, and accessibility products. If you have questions, call us at 877-422-9550 for a free consultation. For more information about USA Bath and the services we provide, follow us on Facebook.